8.17.2008

We made it through the weekend! What a relief! I think we're all happy to have everything done and be able to move into a quieter time of year. Well, I guess it will be quieter until this baby arrives. I have a feeling it will be in the next few days, too. I had a little bit of bloody show this morning and have had a little more discharge throughout the day (sorry if that's TMI for anyone) and have had a few more contractions. If this labor goes like Ella's did, it will probably be in the next couple days. Of course, this baby may be completely different and leave us hanging for a week or more. My doula is out of town until later tomorrow - went with her family to the air show in Omaha (about 2 1/2 hours away) - so it would be nice not to rush her home, too.

Cory had been scheduled to work from 10:30 until 3 and then take a break to see Accalia's ballet performance and be back to work from 5:30-8:30. He came home around 2 p.m., though, since it was so dead and got a call a bit later that he didn't have to come back in because they would be pretty well covered. That was so nice. Accalia had a great performance and was glad to be finished with all of the dancing. She's pretty tired tonight. Ella was thrilled, too, because now that Accalia has no more performances with those costumes, they're now available for dress up. Ella has been waiting a few months to have access to those!

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to have a prenatal appointment in the afternoon. I'm assuming I'll make it there, although I wouldn't be too upset if I didn't. At this point, I'm really ready just to be past the labor and hospital stay and have this baby at home with us. I'm just not looking forward to dealing with all of the necessary parts of being a patient, but hopefully it'll be a decent nursing staff during our hopefully brief stay.

I'll try to get videos of Accalia's performances up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are so excited for your baby to get here too! You are a strong mama and will have another empowering birth. As for the nursing staff... I just don't remember mine! I try to relax while I'm there...what else can ya do?
Sounds like you will be coming to town for your bday. Hopefully we can do cousin pics then. We will be at Blue Mounds St Park all labor day weekend.