3.20.2010

Happy spring! Oh, and brr! I'm hoping we make it above freezing today. At least we had two days this week where it definitely felt like spring. On Wednesday and Thursday, the kids ran around outside without jackets. In short sleeves. They were ecstatic.

Let's see what's happened since St. Paddy's Day.

On Thursday the kids and I went to the 4-H building to help sort the fruit fundraising orders and pick up our own box of apples, oranges and pears. It took about an hour, which went much faster than I had thought. There were young kids running around, so it wasn't out of place for Ella and Tylan to be there helping as well. Tylan didn't do much more than try to avoid getting run over by people carrying heavy boxes, but Ella wanted to help carry every box that I carried. After that, Cole had tumbling, and that took care of the rest of the afternoon.

The cold weather returned on Friday, so we spent yesterday hanging out inside. Tylan is very fascinated by baby dolls right now and always needs one in her arms. So we usually have half a dozen lying around the house for Tylan when she needs one to hold and has thrown her previous one somewhere on the floor.

Ella, meanwhile, can't get enough of new-to-her spring/summer clothes. I've been dragging totes up from the basement and going through Accalia's old clothes for Ella and Accalia's/Ella's old clothes for Tylan. I haven't even gotten to the bags of clothes handed down to us from my brother Jeremy. We're overflowing with girl clothes! Poor Cole - it's hard not getting hand me downs.

Looking forward to the weekend. Accalia dances with her ballet class at a nursing home this afternoon. Cory won't be able to come along since he'll be getting ready for work, so I'm hoping that Tylan won't be worn out and ready to nap. Of course, with the way she's been napping lately, that would be highly unusual. Tylan is either taking late naps (3 p.m. or later), or forgoing naps completely. Nineteen months seems a bit early to start giving up naps, but my kids seem to give up naps earlier and earlier with each one. It amazes me to hear parents talk about their 3-4-5 year olds still taking regular naps. I think three is as old as mine have gone with regular or semi-regular naps. How does that work? Is nap time required or do the kids just naturally go down for a rest? We've never required naps (hated that as a child), so maybe that's part of the reason they disappear relatively soon.

Looks like I'll have to stop for now. Ella is awake and requesting computer time. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

My husband took me to visit South Dakota and "the Badlands" fasinating! Your family sound lovely. Keep enjoying them, they grow so quickly.
Have a happy Blessed Easter.
Crystal Lindsey Australia