2.27.2010

You know, sleep really isn't overrated. At all. It's really too bad that I don't get more of it. With the paper route, I'm up at 3:15 a.m. (3:45 a.m. on Saturdays) and usually back home in less than two hours. That means I can crawl back in bed for two or three hours since Tylan will *usually* fall back to sleep and the other kids don't wake up until 8:30 or 9 or later. That definitely helps. But there are days where I don't go back to sleep and I really feel it by the end of the day since I don't function the best on four hours or less of sleep. I stay up, though, because otherwise I won't have any time to myself, time that I usually spend catching up on email. Any time in this house where it's completely quiet is so rare, too, and I need to have that every once in a while.

I think we'll all be glad for this week to end. It's been a rough one in a lot of ways. Cole and Accalia finished swimming lessons on Thursday, and both will stay at the same level. Cole was extremely upset about that, but he's come to terms with it now. By the time swimming lessons are offered again in the summer, I think both will have lots more time to be in the pool or lake.

I really need to update with pictures. I've neglected that for way too long. The kids will grow up thinking they stopped being photographed after Tylan hit the one year mark! Poor Tylan - my dirty little secret with her is that I have yet to do her baby book. I have a box with a bunch of things to add to it, but it just sits underneath a pile of too small clothes that needs to be stored away.

Now I think I'll brew some coffee and get back to playing catch up.

No comments: