2.22.2008

So far I haven't really enjoyed this pregnancy. There's so much excitement at first when you find out you're pregnant, but then - if you're like me - you have two to three months of nausea and fatigue ahead of you before the enjoyable part of pregnancy arrives. This week, during my 14th week, I've felt those first little flutters of movement. It was thrilling - such a great reminder of the excitement that lies ahead. I remember being around 14 weeks along with Cole and feeling his first movements. When I mentioned that to my midwife, she was a little doubtful that I'd actually felt the baby move. It definitely was, though, and it definitely is this time. I guess that's the benefit of having been pregnant already and knowing what's the baby and what's just gas. Now I can look forward to the kicks getting stronger and eventually the kids and Cory being able to feel them. I'll definitely enjoy this because the part of the pregnancy where feet are wedged up in ribs will seem to last much too long. I just hope I can completely move past the morning sickness.

Today has consisted of a lot of running around and activities, and tonight we're just hanging out at home. Cory's delivering pizzas and has called to say it's really slow. Accalia and Cole are playing with the platypus they made out of a box, construction paper and popsicle sticks. Ella's running around and taking breaks to watch bits of The Simpsons Movie.

I might be able to take a solo trip to Goodwill tomorrow. I tried to go there today with Cole and Ella while Accalia was at art, but I've come to the conclusion that Ella and Goodwill just don't mix. Ella will immediately go into the racks of clothes to hide and play around, and that's something they really frown on there. So, we lasted about two minutes today before we left. Maybe once Ella moves past this particular stage we'll be able to attempt a less stressful trip there. Anyway, I'll probably go tomorrow because I wanted to see if there were any pants for Accalia. She doesn't have many to begin with, and one pair she has suddenly has little holes in the bottom. Of course the stores are either completely out of pants because all of the spring/summer clothes is out, or they have horrible selections of their winter stock. Who knew size 8/10 would be so hard to find? For the past two years, Accalia has pretty much fit into the 7/8 size range, but now she's definitely needing to move up a size. Cole is moving out of the 5T and needs the size 4/5 in boys. That leaves just Ella in toddler sizes, and we'll have to see how much of Accalia's old clothes matches up with her for the spring and summer. This is the time of year when I wish we had a bunch of extra money to go out and get the new clothes the kids need, new jackets, new shoes/sandals, etc. So I'm starting to scavenge. I wish we had found more stuff on clearance at the end of summer last year, but we did manage to pick up a few shirts and shorts for Cole.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: